THE CYMI TROUPE
The Council of Youth Movements in Israel Entertainment Troupe
The CYMI Entertainment Troupe, founded in 1996, is composed of members of the entertainment troupes of the youth movements Bnei Akiva, Tsofim, Hanoar Haoved Vehalomed, Hanoar Haleumi, and Young Maccabi.
Cooperation between the youth movements under the auspices of CYMI led to the forming of a troupe uniting all the youth movements’ troupes, who perform the movements’ songs, songs of friendship, memorial songs, and songs of peace and love, singing together in marvelous harmony.
The troupe’s shows convey a message of coexistence between various sectors of Israeli society; the troupe costumes and the various colors of each movement testify to the amazing connection. The troupe is a model of cooperation and mutual tolerance, sending its message to the public through music.
The CYMI Troupe appears at numerous conventions and state events. Recent examples include:
· Torch-lighting ceremony on Mt. Herzl on Israel’s 60 Independence Day
· Youth rally for Holocaust Remembrance Day at Yad Vashem
· Memorial rally for Yitzhak Rabin
· Israel Prize award ceremony at the International Convention Center (Binyanei Hauma) in Jerusalem
· Honor assembly for participants in National Service Year
· Zionist Congress